- Secretary and Treasurer of NAMHE (National Association for Music in Higher Education), 2001-3, including liaison with national funding bodies (AHRB/C) and standards and accreditation bodies (RAE, QAA, HEFCE, QCA).
- Member of Programme Committee for various international conferences (eg Royal Musical Association Annual Conferences, July 2010: ‘Boundaries’, and ‘Horizons’, July 2011; ‘Art Musics of Israel’, London March 2011; British Music, Canterbury, April-May 2012)
- General Editor and Director of an international multi-volume book series, William Byrd: the Songs and English Church Music
- Various invited public lectures on Mozart for professional orchestras, including The Academy of Ancient Music, The London Mozart Players, and The Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment (including USA tour to Washington, New York, December 2006). Various pre-concert talks and educational outreach workshops, Wigmore Hall, London.
- Visiting Academic Staff Scholarship, St. John’s College, Oxford (1994)